18 things to make you more efficient - Intro
We’ve all known that person who always seems to Get Sh!t Done.
Whether a friend or a colleague, this is the person whose work is always done early. The one who somehow manages to finish hour-long tasks in 30 minutes.
The one people describe as a robot or machine, because surely no simple human could work as quickly as they do.
And yet these people exist, cranking away at maximum efficiency. What do these highly productive people have in common? How do they do it?
The habits of highly productive people
It’s tempting to look at highly productive people as machines (or wizards). But by studying how they work efficiently and overcome the challenges we all experience, it’s possible to boost your own productivity as well.
How do the most efficient people overcome challenges like:
- Procrastinating on tasks—both small, nagging ones and large, challenging ones
- Boring work that needs just to get done
- Responding to email and other messages while working
- Staying motivated and energised throughout the entire work day
- Focusing and finishing the most important projects on their plates, juggling all of those balls in the air at one time. And not letting any fall!
Yes, I like to claim the status of “highly productive person”, I’m the person who Gets Sh!t Done.
After talking with my clients to understand how they roll, I’ve read reading articles, checked out books, and have been asking questions of productive people that I’ve pulled together to seek the best advice on their productivity habits, to identify what works and what does not.
What follows are 18 of the most important habits of highly productive people. From ways to spend less time on emails to methods of staying focused, these productivity tips can help you maximize your efficiency—to get more done.
You can increase productivity and become highly efficient with these 18 habits.
- Focus on most important tasks first
- Cultivate deep work
- Keep a distraction list to stay focused
- Set your priorities
- Use the 80/20 rule
- Break tasks into smaller pieces
- Take breaks
- Make fewer decisions
- Eliminate inefficient communication
- Find repeatable shortcuts
- Learn from successes as well as mistakes
- Plan for when things go wrong
- Work before you get motivated or inspired
- Don’t multitask
- Fill the tank—recharge
- Sharpen the axe
- Manage your energy (not just time)
- Get better at saying “no”
DELIVERING WHAT YOU PROMISE and getting your team to do the sameDo you meet the obligations, promises, goals and commitments made to yourself and to others?
The American Society of Training and Development (ASTD) did a study in 2010 on accountability and found out that the probability of completing a goal is:
- 10% – If you have an idea or a goal actually.
- 25% – If you consciously decide you will do it.
- 40% – If you decide when you will do it.
- 50% – If you plan how you will do it.
- 65% – If you commit to someone, you will do it.
- 95% – If you have a specific accountability appointment with a person you’ve committed to.
After reading this, how likely are you to achieve your; goals, promises, obligations and commitments alone? Book your FREE Unboxing Session with me ‘The Accountability Guy’ and we’ll examine exactly where you’re at, what’s worked and what hasn’t, and we’ll take a look at your priorities to set the path moving forward. Each Unboxing Session includes:
- 60-90min obligation-free Zoom chat about your goals, promises and commitments
- Examine your priorities
- Review your ‘To-Do List’ and we’ll dig-in to how you will implement
- Together, we will create a plan and set timelines
For more information visit: https://tickthoseboxes.com.au or call me directly: +61 418-379 369.
I’m Darren Finkelstein ‘The Accountability Guy’
I’m a sought-after highly experienced Accountability Coach and Business Advisor. I work with high-performing entrepreneurial business owners and their teams. Also, I am a conference and event speaker on all matters of accountability.
My past experience includes working at Apple for 10-years as ‘Manager of Commercial Markets’ during the inspirational Steve Jobs era. Then, building a successful entrepreneurial business for 15-years in the lifestyle industry until we successfully sold and exited. I’m the author of three bestselling and award-winning books and work as a summertime presenter in Melbourne on radio 3AW. I talk about lifestyle, the outdoors and living life to the fullest in my Beach N’ Bay reports on the weekends.
Accountability is my specialty, it frequently makes many people nervous, as it requires us to step up our game, be introspective and hold ourselves accountable which can be uncomfortable for many.
Did you know that it’s regularly misspelt and often misunderstood? Businesses don’t really understand the difference between responsibility and accountability? Both are cousins but not the same. You see, you are responsible for things and accountable to people, hence the confusion. To me, being accountable means; you do the things you say you are going to do, and you get your team to do the same.
I’ll keep you accountable and hold you to your commitments, promises and goals in my One-On-One Sessions (limited spaces available) or perhaps you and your team would like to join one of my Mastermind Group Forums. It’s my desire to hold everyone in the room to account. This makes me an engaging Speaker on the topic of ‘Accountability’ for your next event, conference or workshop.
I’ve got a full playbook of strategies that I’m privileged to share or maybe we can create a totally bespoke and customised package to suit your individual business needs. Visit Working With Me.
After reading this blog, how likely are you to achieve your; goals, promises, obligations and commitments alone? Unlikely I suspect, without external assistance.